开启辅助访问

万千宠爱

 找回密码
 立即注册

扫一扫,访问微社区

新浪微博登陆

只需一步, 快速开始

搜索
热搜: 活动 交友 discuz
万千宠爱 新闻中心 英文新闻 查看内容

Houghton Regis fire: Tortoise, dogs and birds rescued from blaze

2022-5-11 22:23| 发布者: hujian| 查看: 4| 评论: 0

摘要: Firefighters rescued George the tortoise, two dogs and six birds from the houseA tortoise, two dogs and six birds have been rescued from a house fire.The small fire started in the enclosure of George ...


Firefighters rescued George the tortoise, two dogs and six birds from the house

A tortoise, two dogs and six birds have been rescued from a house fire.

The small fire started in the enclosure of George the tortoise in Parkside, Houghton Regis, on Monday afternoon, Bedfordshire Fire and Rescue Service said.

George was rescued from the blaze, together with the birds and dogs, with no injuries to any animals, it added.

Yasmin Hanis, the house owner, said George had "knocked his heat lamp down and it had set fire to his bedding".

"It was all down to the tortoise - it was his fault," she added.

Tortoise with a firefighterIMAGE SOURCE,BEDS FIRE AND RESCUE
Image caption,
The fire had been smouldering in the tortoise's enclosure

Ms Hanis said she was alerted to the small fire by her neighbour, who had heard the smoke alarm, smelt smoke and then dialled 999.

She thanked the "brilliant" and "wonderful" firemen who also rescued her dogs, Annie, Alice, two lovebirds, two cockatiels and budgies.

The only damage was to the bedding, she added.

In 2019, firefighters in Essex rescued an "angry-looking" tortoise after it started a fire in a house.

The 45-year-old reptile had been home alone when it knocked a heat lamp on to its bedding in Great Dunmow on Christmas Day, the fire service said.


鲜花

握手

雷人

路过

鸡蛋

相关分类

QQ|小黑屋|Archiver|手机版|万千宠爱  

GMT-6, 2022-5-17 21:06 , Processed in 0.174541 second(s), 19 queries .

Powered by Discuz! X3.2

© 2001-2013 Comsenz Inc.

返回顶部