开启辅助访问

万千宠爱

 找回密码
 立即注册

扫一扫,访问微社区

新浪微博登陆

只需一步, 快速开始

搜索
热搜: 活动 交友 discuz
万千宠爱 新闻中心 英文新闻 查看内容

Brimington dog owners warned over 'rat poison' sausages

2021-10-10 11:48| 发布者: hujian| 查看: 5| 评论: 0

摘要: A woman is warning dog owners to be vigilant after her dog ate a sausage filled with suspected rat poison on a public footpath.Jane Simms, 59, said her cocker spaniel Maggie ate the sausage on Recreat ...


A woman is warning dog owners to be vigilant after her dog ate a sausage filled with suspected rat poison on a public footpath.

Jane Simms, 59, said her cocker spaniel Maggie ate the sausage on Recreation Road, Brimington, on Saturday.

Veterinary nurse Helen Clarke confirmed the animal was treated after ingesting a suspected poisonous substance that "could have been fatal".

Derbyshire Police said it had received reports from concerned dog walkers.

Mrs Simms said she saw Maggie pick something up and then "saw blue fragments on the floor" during a walk in Brimington, near Chesterfield, on Saturday morning.

"It wasn't until I met two other dog owners on our walk, who then warned me about the sausages that I realised what Maggie had eaten," she said.

"I was mortified. I was so upset because she's my baby."

'Could have died'

Mrs Simms said she took the 14-month-old dog straight to a vet for treatment.

"I was thinking will she survive and what harm will it do her?" she said.

"At one point I thought I had lost her because she had closed her eyes."

Mrs Simms said Maggie was "doing OK" now but needed to be monitored by a vet in case any further damage had been caused.

Helen Clarke, from Chapel House Veterinary Practice in Chesterfield, said a veterinary surgeon "induced vomiting to remove any possible toxin from Maggie".

"The vomit produced blue pellets, which are highly suggestive of rat poison or slug bait," she said.

"Had Maggie not received emergency veterinary attention she would have become seriously unwell and depending on the quantity ingested this could have been fatal."

Sam Childs with her eight-year-old dog LuluIMAGE SOURCE,SAM CHILDS
Image caption,Ms Childs now fears for the safety of her two dogs and warned other pet owners to be vigilant

Another dog owner, Sam Childs, said she collected seven cooked sausages stuffed with blue pellets, which she believes was rat poison, nearby in the village.

She said she was warned by other dog walkers before going out with her eight-year-old dog Lulu on Grove Road at about 18:40 BST on Sunday.

"I was scouring the floor looking out for them," she said.

"I found one, then two and another. There were seven in total, scattered about 10 steps away from each other."

The 37-year-old said she struggled to understand why someone would do such a thing.

"Whether it be dogs, cats or other wildlife - there are also cows and horses in the area - it could kill them if they ate them," she said.

"Also, toddlers have a habit of picking up things and eating them."

Derbyshire Police confirmed it had received reports about a number of sausages "filled with an unknown substance" and appealed for anyone with information to come forward.


鲜花

握手

雷人

路过

鸡蛋

相关分类

QQ|小黑屋|Archiver|手机版|万千宠爱  

GMT-6, 2021-10-26 03:08 , Processed in 0.265561 second(s), 21 queries .

Powered by Discuz! X3.2

© 2001-2013 Comsenz Inc.

返回顶部