开启辅助访问

万千宠爱

 找回密码
 立即注册

扫一扫,访问微社区

新浪微博登陆

只需一步, 快速开始

搜索
热搜: 活动 交友 discuz
万千宠爱 新闻中心 英文新闻 查看内容

Labrador dog 'recovering' after eating its lead

2020-9-22 20:07| 发布者: hujian| 查看: 111| 评论: 0

摘要: Image copyrightVets Now / PAImage captionMax likes to chew on socks and clothes but had never before tried to eat non-food items, his owners say  A Labrador is recovering at home after scoffing its ...
Image copyrightVets Now / PA
Image captionMax likes to chew on socks and clothes but had never before tried to eat non-food items, his owners say

  A Labrador is recovering at home after scoffing its entire lead during a 15-minute car journey.

  Max left only the metal end after tucking in while his owners Brian and Christine Hillman were not watching.

  They took him to the emergency Vets Now clinic in Newport where a team of specialists recovered the lead, which was chewed into 5cm strips.

  "He is prone to getting hold of things and having a good chew," Ms Hillman said.

Image copyrightVets Now / PA
Image captionVeterinary staff said ingesting foreign objects often requires surgery but Max's owners' quick actions avoided this

  Ms Hillman, 54, said that>

  "We lost our lovely pet Sadie in 2013 and I vowed I'd never get another dog," she said.

  "But I couldn't resist Max when we saw him at nine months old and he helped to fill the gap."

  The pair fell so in love with Max that they got another Labrador, Saffron, who is six.

  • Dog saved by cave rescue team after fall
  • Missing cat found 250 miles from home
  • Lorry stowaway cat reunited with owner, 84
  • Dog trapped for days in caves rescued

  "They're both lovely but we know to keep an eye on Max as he is prone to getting hold of things and having a good chew," she said.

  "He is always at the socks and knickers from the washing,>

  "So, we never for a moment thought he'd do anything as crazy as eat his lead."

Image copyrightVets Now / PA
Image captionSeven-year-old Max is queasy but recovering well at home

  Seven-year-old Max has had previous health issues and was on his way to a hydrotherapy session before Mr Hillman spotted the lead was missing.

  "He checked the car and the car park just in case but there was no trace so it was obvious he'd started chewing on it and then just ate the whole thing," Ms Hillman added.

  The clinic staff said it was the first dog they have treated who has ingested an entire lead.

  Laura Playforth, from Vets Now, said: "This was an unusual case to say the least.

  "Some foreign objects are small enough to pass through a dog's system without causing any problems but others can get stuck causing dogs to become seriously ill quite quickly.

  "These intestinal obstructions often require surgery which poses its own risks.

  "However, in Max's case, because we knew he'd only recently swallowed the lead we were confident inducing vomiting would bring it back up."

  Ms Hillman said that>

  "It's still hard to believe what he did. We take no chances now and have both dogs off their leads when they get in the car."



鲜花

握手

雷人

路过

鸡蛋

相关分类

QQ|小黑屋|Archiver|手机版|万千宠爱  

GMT-6, 2021-1-24 16:02 , Processed in 0.217722 second(s), 18 queries .

Powered by Discuz! X3.2

© 2001-2013 Comsenz Inc.

返回顶部